Van Horne Elementary’s Inaugural
CARNIVAL & YEAR END BBQ!
When: Friday, June 15th, 3:30pm to 7:30pm
Where: In the back of the school
Why: To have fun, create community, celebrate the end of a good year and raise some money for next year’s projects.
Who: Anyone in the Van Horne community: Kids, Parents, Guardians, Grandparents, Caregivers, Teachers, Staff, Administration, Volunteers, Alumni, involved neighbours or close connections.
GAMES & ACTIVITIES
- Knock em’ down games
- Fishing, bowling, etc.
- Shooting challenges
- Bouncy castle (outside)
- Face painting (gym)
- Mehndi (henna tattoos)(gym)
- Lego challenges (gym)
- Challenge Zone (gym)
- Toddler Zone (gym)
- Splash bucket hot seat (come volunter for a good cause!)
- Parent “Jail” with “Wheel of Misfortune)
- Candy shop (outside)
- Photo booth* (outside)
*We ask that only parents take photos and only of their children, with digital consent, unless the other child’s parent/guardian grants permission.
- Vancouver Public Library
- Vancouver Fire Dept (6:00pm)
- Cake Walk (6:15pm)
- Student Dance Performance (6:45pm)
- $5 gets you or your child a “game card” for 9 games or activities (note: SOME games/activities will be free or by donation, for example, a photo booth)
- You can purchase Game Tickets and Food Tickets at the TICKET TABLE.
- To redeem your prize, bring a completed games card to the Prize Booth:
- 1 completed game card = 1 small prize
- 2 completed game cards = 1 medium prize
- 3 completed game cards = 1 big prize
- Please have your child collect their prize by 6:30pm.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 6:00pm – Fire Department arrival!
- 6:15pm – Cake Walk
- 6:45pm – Student Dance Performance
- Pick up your advance order tickets at the event (Ticket Table)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Bring extra cash for extra fun!
Join our Carnie Army! The Carnival Volunteer Coordinator is Camila Peixe (camilapeixe1 [at]gmail[dot]com).