- This event has passed.
PAC Meeting: Welcome to Van Horne!
October 28, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm PDT
WELCOME TO VAN HORNE!
If you’re new to our school, I can imagine that it’s been a strange time to join a new community. It’s harder to connect with other parents, harder to speak to teachers and you don’t even get to see where your beloved hangs their backpack!
Being the muggle that I am (and despite my Professor Snape Hallowe’en costume), I can’t wave a magic wand and make everything as it were, but what I can do is sincerely welcome you to our community and invite you to our virtual “Welcome to Van Horne” event on Wednesday, October 28th at 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
Everyone is welcome: New kindergarten parents are especially invited as well as any parents that are new to our community, but let me be crystal clear: The whole parent community is invited, especially all you grizzled veterans who want to join our welcome wagon and share what you know with new parents. Your contribution will help make a difference to a new parent.
- A panel of veteran parents (and one super cool Principal) are going to share some nuggets of wisdom about life at Van Horne.
- We’re going to breakout into groups so that you and a few others will be a part of a smaller, more casual conversation lead by one of the veteran panelists.
- We’re going to introduce our Kindergarten class reps so you’ll have a face and a name to connect with.
- You’ll get a chance to ask questions of the PAC executive, the Principal or a superstar Kindergarten teacher.
- Prizes: There will be some!
- Duration: It’ll last about 40 minutes.
- Purpose: It’s my hope to transfer 8 years of K-to-7 elementary school know-how from the vets to the newbies.
HOW TO JOIN
- For security purposes, you will have to register in advance. Contact chair (at) van horne pac (dot) com for details.
President / Chair
Van Horne PAC
- Approve the meeting agenda.
- Approve the September 2020 meeting minutes.
- Approve the PAC 2020-2021 Budget.