- Child care:
- Child care spots for essential service workers in Vancouver will be allocated by Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre (WCCRC) as detailed in this news release: From the WCCRC: “For all the parents, essentials and non essentials, to register at a Temporary emergency child care they need to provide the child care facility with an ID number, which parents can receive through an online form.“
- If the WCCRC determines you are eligible as a “Tier 1” essential services worker, you may be referred back to the VSB, who will ask you to fill out this registration form.
- “You’ll be ok”: Educational experts are advising parents to ensure that your relationship with your child and their emotional needs (to feel safe, engaged, active) take precedence over ‘academic progress’.
- Get connected and help others get connected: If you or another family you know isn’t on the school’s email list, please contact mcianelli (at) vsb.bc.ca immediately.
- Check in on one another: Consider a check-in phone or video call to a fellow parent/guardian in your division and ask them “How are you feeling during all of this?”
RESOURCES: HOME SCHOOLING
- Hoffman Academy (piano; paid with free)
Reading & Writing
- One to One Literacy
- Kids A-Z
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Typing: Typing.com| Dance Mat Typing
- Journal writing prompts
- Cursive writing worksheets
- Book: Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons
- Harry Potter (Hogwart’s)
- Teleconferencing: | Microsoft Teams | Zoom | Google Hangouts | 8×8
- VSB Continuity of Learning
- VSB Office 365
* This is not approved BC curriculum. It is content created by individual parents in our community; please use at your own discretion.
Help build this list! Got a great resource to add to this list or did you create your own content? Send it to the PAC Chair (email@example.com) so that we can share it with the wider community.
- Vancouver School Board
- Trustworthy sources of information